Arab StarPack Pro
Building on the successful implementation of Arab Student StarPack, UNIDO and LibanPack are expanding StarPack by introducing a new industrial competition, Arab StarPack Professional, which will be an industry-level packaging competition for companies and industries in the Arab region.
The objective of Arab StarPack Professional is to increase awareness on current packaging trends from the aspects of marketing and functionality, to enable Arab SMEs to ensure compliance with international standards in packaging and labeling, and hence, improve the competitiveness of the Arab agro-food and other industrial sectors.
Arab StarPack Pro will recognize the best Packaging Design in consumer and industrial packaging design on the Arab level bringing awareness of the important value that lies in a well-designed brand packaging. Arab StarPack Pro will enable the winners from the Arab World to participate in the World Star Packaging Competition organized by the WPO.
To date, there has been no industry-level packaging competition in the Arab region, which is hindering the ability of Arab companies to participate in international packaging competitions mainly “World Star” competition organized by the World Packaging Organization (WPO). Therefore, introducing Arab StarPack Professional will provide an opportunity for winning Arab companies to be entitled to apply and participate in WPO’s World Star competition and gain international exposure and visibility. The competition will be fully accredited by WPO.
Categories of the competition
- Food & Agriculture
- Pharmaceutical and Medical
- Industrial and Transport Packaging
- Personal Care and Household
- Point of Sale Packaging
- Cosmetics and Beauty
- Luxury Packaging
Who can participate
- Companies and industries in various sectors and brand owners operating in Arab countries may participate in the competition with their packages produced and placed on the market, including those produced by packaging manufacturers at their facilities abroad and placed on domestic and global markets.
- Packaging manufacturers, professional designers, and design agencies may participate in the competition to submit their packaging whether it is already in the market or a proposal for new packaging.
- An applicant may participate in the competition with additional packages.
- The participants may participate in the competition either as a company or as a team. In the latter case, only one single trophy will be given to the winning team.
For more information, please download the brochure from the Downloads menu.